Central Office

Last Updated: 7/15/2021 12:58 PM
Central Office Resources and Information
Bourne Public Schools
36 Sandwich Road
Bourne, MA 02532
508-759-0660 Phone
508-759-1107 Fax
Dr. Kerri Anne Quinlan-Zhou, Superintendent of Schools 
Dr. Barbara StarkieAssistant Superintendent of Schools for Learning and Teaching 
Dr. Ryan Place, Director of Special Education and Student Services (Located at BHS)
Jordan Geist, Director of Business Services
Melissa Coelho, Executive Assistant
Teresa Vicente, Executive Assistant
Susan MeikleGrants/Revenue Analyst
Nik Outchcunis, Computer Systems Support Specialist (Located at BMS)
Katie Russo, Accounts Payable/Payroll Lead
Karen Paulsen, Executive Assistant Special Education (Located at BHS)
History of the Bourne Public Schools Administration Building
The Administration building was originally constructed in 1840 and is the oldest educational building in Bourne village.
Built as the Bourne Academy, it was originally located on Academy Hill on County Road. Moved to present site in 1866, it replaced an existing old school house. The building was used as a school house until the opening in 1905 of Bourne High School, which is now the Coady School. The upper floor of the building was used as a high school and the ground floor was the elementary school. When the new high school was opened, the building became an elementary school; on the ground floor there were two grades and on the upper floor there were three grades.
In 1925, with the opening of a new elementary school across the street (originally called the Bourne Grammar School, later named the Stowell School and now the public library), this building became the General Leonard Wood American Legion Post #230. At that time, the building was moved back 50 feet from the existing road. In the late 1930’s the building became the town’s Archives Building and Senior Citizen Activity Center.
During World War II in 1942-1945, the building became the ration board headquarters. In the 1970’s it was used for the overflow of students at Peebles School and in 1979 became the School Administration Building and serves that function to the present day.