Dear Bourne Families,
Learning is in full swing in Bourne Public Schools with acceleration and enrichment initiatives underway! Below are highlights from the past weeks as well as some important “Save the Dates.” Please be sure to click on the links for flyers and full press releases.
- Alice and Wonderland at Bourne High School – The show is playing on Friday, November 12, at 7 PM, Saturday at 5 PM and Sunday at 2 PM. Regular tickets are $10 online, $12 at the door; student tickets are $5 online, $6 at the door; senior (ages 65+) tickets are $8 online, $8 at the door. Tickets can be purchased at https://www.onthestage.tickets/show/bourne-high-school/alice-in-wonderland-27185 (click here for full article)
- BPS will partner with the Bourne Health Department for a vaccination clinic for students ages 5 and up on November 20th (first dose) and December 11th (second dose) Please click here for the flyer and registration information.
- The Bourne Girls Volleyball Team continues their winning streak and are off to compete in the third round of the MIAA Tournament. Go Lady Canalmen!
- Join us for the next SEPAC meeting on November 15th – agenda can be found here
- Early Release Day for professional development on November 17th - At the last School Committee Meeting an updated school calendar was voted into effect due to the school closure resulting from the recent storm. It is linked here and on the Quick Links page of the BPS Website. Please note that an early release day for all schools is now scheduled for November 17th. Link to revised calendar
- Have you heard about “The Bourne Advantage”… There are so many reasons why Bourne High School is quickly become the premier 9-12 school in the area including the 2 new Innovation pathway programs set to roll out next year. Join us on November 22nd, BHS auditorium @ 6pm. Open to students and families in grades 7 and 8. Click here for flyer
New and Newsworthy:
- We love our Veterans – BPS celebrated our veterans all week through tributes, music and slide shows. Please click the link below and visit our Facebook page to see and hear from our talented students. Thank you to all who served our country!
- Bourne Public Schools welcomes new library media specialists at each of the four district schools – read all about the exciting new opportunities available to our students in our reinvigorated Library spaces. (click here for full story)
- The BES and BIS STEAM nights were a huge success where students and families flexed their creative and innovative muscles using the Museum of Science’s EiE (Engineering is Elementary) and other STEAM resources. Check out these great slideshows:
In Case You Missed It: You can find these and many more stories on our website or Facebook page.
- Bourne Public Schools Offering Pre-AP Courses to Freshmen for 2021-2022 School Year (full story here)
- Bourne Public Schools Moves Forward with District Strategy Plan Following Approval by School Committee (full story here)
- Bourne High School Music Students Meet Virtually With Composer and BHS Alumnus Ian Good (full story here)
As we go into the Thanksgiving season, please be mindful of the many charitable efforts in our schools. Thank you in advance for giving your time and donations to these worth causes that directly benefit our Bourne Community.
Kerri Anne Quinlan-Zhou, Ed. D.
Superintendent of Schools